The Pacific Council strives to be a thought leader in international policy on the West Coast. One of the ways we do that is by publishing news and analysis by and about our members in our online Newsroom.
Of the nearly 200 articles we published in our Newsroom in 2019, below are the 15 most-read. Reread your favorite pieces or discover them for the first time.
- International Issues to Watch in 2019 – By DJ Peterson
- Understanding the Causes of Migration from Central America – By Tyler Takemoto
- Understanding China’s Military Expansion – By Patricia Kim
- Water Stress: A Triple Threat in Nigeria – By Marcus DuBois King
- Looking Like the Enemy: Political Identity & the Vietnam War – By Karen Ishizuka
- U.S. Challenges in 2019: Domestic and International – By Gemma Stewart
- Ben Rhodes: U.S. is Losing Influence, Credibility on World Stage – By Justin Chapman
- Somaliland: Prospects for International Recognition? – By Nicole Burnett
- The Similarities and Differences Between Trump and Bolsonaro – By Sumaya Quillian
- Sitting on the Sidelines? U.S. Decline in Central Asia – By Gemma Stewart and Sumaya Quillian
- Exploring Immigration Policy at the El Paso-Juárez Border – By Justin Chapman
- Growing Anti-Semitism in California and Globally – By Sarah Brown
- Water Diplomacy Not Enough to Fix Iran-Iraq’s Water Dispute – By Banafsheh Keynoush
- An Update on the USMCA Trade Agreement—Getting Closer – By Michael Camuñez
- Trump Names Pacific Council Member Robert C. O’Brien as National Security Advisor – By Marissa Moran and Justin Chapman
Follow our Newsroom in 2020 for more thought leadership on the world’s most important global issues. Happy holidays and happy new decade from all of us at the Pacific Council!