Our Pay It Forward campaign supports an organization-wide effort to bring new, diverse voices into our international affairs work.
Your support helps us propel emerging leaders in foreign policy toward their goals for improved policy outcomes and authentic impact.
Will you join our efforts?
Contributions to the Pay It Forward campaign help us create a stronger and more diverse member network that elevates the voice of emerging thought leaders. Your support allows us to offset the cost of participation for emerging leaders and not-for-profit professionals, offer more diverse programs that build skills and leadership opportunities, promote women foreign policy experts both as speakers and across our membership and leadership, and invest time and resources into actively recruiting from other underrepresented groups.
Now more than ever our city and our world need civil discourse focused on issues and expertise. The Pacific Council espouses the values of non-partisanship, respect, responsible and ethical leadership, accessibility, inclusivity, excellence, and civic engagement. Pay it Forward is an investment in our values and in the advancement of individuals who share your passion for global affairs. Your contributions amplify our efforts to be an industry leader in inclusivity. Read about our commitment to inclusivity here.
Make your donation to the Pacific Council this year in support of our Pay It Forward campaign. Because of the support of our generous Pay it Forward donors in the past few years, we've been able to move the needle on our program offerings and membership composition. In 2019 the Pacific Council:
- Hosted two delegations for Emerging Leaders: an international dialogue in Colombia and a national trip to Washington, D.C. focused on Middle East policy;
- Launched an institutional partnership with the Los Angeles Mayor's Young Ambassador Program and sponsored membership for two community college students, who also attended the Colombia delegation;
- Subsidized the dues of 131 Emerging Leaders;
- Elected 55 new Emerging Leaders into membership;
- Introduced peer networking events with like-minded international affairs organizations to further our members' professional development;
- Welcomed 223 new members to the Pacific Council, over half of whom are women;
- Reached our 12th year hosting Junior Fellows;
- And started working with local education partners like Ednovate, a charter school network, to close the gap between international policy and LA classrooms.
Gifts of $5,000 and above are considered part of our sustaining membership program.