What did we have at Spring Conference 2016? Review the agenda of sessions, speakers, and activities, and read a summary of the 2016 election debate, session on Arab Spring lessons, and insights from the other sessions.
Our annual Spring Conference is a day filled with debates and exchanges with fellow Pacific Council members and other experts during panel discussions, roundtable dialogues, and high-level keynote interviews. Led by members and held in downtown Los Angeles, Spring Conference is one of our biggest events of the year.
Want more highlights? PIMCO chief executive officer and managing director, Douglas M. Hodge, served as our keynote speaker! We also took an in-depth look "inside Iran" with historian and author Nina Ansary, and broke down Russia's worldview 25 years after the end of the Cold War.
- Amb. Gerald M. Feierstein, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Mr. Thomas E. McLain, Chair of the Asia Society Southern California and Counsel at Hogan Lovells
- Mr. Robert O’Brien, Managing Partner, Larson O'Brien LLP
- The Honorable Robert C. Bonner, Senior Principal, Sentinel HS Group
- Ms. Jennifer A. Faust, Executive Vice President, Pacific Council on International Policy
- Ms. Kimberly Freeman, Assistant Dean for Diversity Initiatives and Community Relations, Anderson School of Management, UCLA
- Dr. Peter Katona, Professor of Medical and Public Health at UCLA
- Mr. Arthur J. Ochoa, Senior VP of Community Relations and Development at Cedars-Sinai
- Dr. Erica Ollmann Saphire, Professor in the Department of Immunology and Microbial Science at Scripps Research Institute
- Dr. Jerrold D. Green, President & CEO, Pacific Council on International Policy
- Mr. Atman M. Trivedi, Senior Director for Policy, Global Markets Bureau, Department of Commerce
That's not all: we had a retrospective on the Arab Spring, a Town Hall on Gitmo, a look at China's economic woes in 2016, a discussion on the state of U.S. foreign policy leading into the presidential elections, and more.