PolicyWest is back!
Register for the Pacific Council's annual fall conference, which will be held in person in Beverly Hills, with virtual attendance options.
We are delighted to welcome our community back to in-person gatherings. PolicyWest 2021 will be our first large, in-person gathering this fall.* The Pacific Council will bring you the high-quality discussion and nonpartisan dialogue that you've come to trust and appreciate from our organization. By joining us at PolicyWest, members and guests will be able to relive the unique "Pacific Council experience" that gives access to the great thinkers and do-ers of our time.
*Our members' safety is our first priority. We are requiring that anyone who chooses to attend in-person be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 by the event date. We will provide detailed information for all registered attendees.
Watch this space for updates to the agenda. Click the title of each session to learn more about the speakers and topics.
9:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. PT: Registration & Breakfast
9:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PT: Opening Remarks
Jerrold D. Green, President and CEO, Pacific Council on International Policy
10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. PT: TED-style Talks Highlighting Global Work of Local Leaders
- Terra Russell-Slavin, Director, Policy and Community Building, Los Angeles LGBT Center
- Connie Chung Joe, Chief Executive Officer, Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles
- Rudy Espinoza, Executive Director, Inclusive Action for the City
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. PT: Morning Panel Breakout Sessions (two panels will take place simultaneously)
- Global Solutions to the Homelessness Crisis featuring Lígia Teixeira, Chief Executive at the Centre for Homelessness Impact, Almudena Ocejo Rojo, Secretary of Inclusion and wellbeing for Mexico City, and moderated by Elise Buik, President and CEO of United Way of Greater Los Angeles.
- City Diplomacy for the Future of Food and Water Security featuring Dr. Christine Tran, Executive Director, Los Angeles Food Policy Council, Dr. Rita Kampalath, Sustainability Program Director, County of Los Angeles, Lauren Nicole Core, Communications Lead for the National Alliance for Water Innovation, and moderated by Taylor Juleen, Food Policy Fellow at Los Angeles County Public Works.
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. PT: Lunch and Keynote Address
- Featuring Lisa O. Monaco, United States Deputy Attorney General, in conversation with Richard Goetz, Co-Chair of the Pacific Council's Board of Directors
- Introduction by Co-Chair of the Pacific Council's Board of Directors, Robert Lovelace
2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. PT: Afternoon Plenary Session
- International Trade: A Path Forward featuring Mario Cordero, Executive Director, Port of Long Beach, and Eugene Seroka, Executive Director, Port of Los Angeles
- Introduction by Ambassador Michael Lawson, President and CEO, Los Angeles Urban League
3:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. PT: Coffee Social
We are using a new registration and hybrid event platform called Socio for members and guests. Register using the Socio function below and you will receive a confirmation email. Details for both virtual and in-person attendance including how to access the conference using Socio will be provided as the conference approaches.
Photos from PolicyWest 2019
You can find more photos from PolicyWest 2019, also held at The Beverly Hilton, on Flickr by following this link. In 2020, we held a completely virtual PolicyWest, and you can learn more about the agenda and video clips from last year's PolicyWest by following this link.