A half-day training exploring a powerful set of research-based principles and strategies that will allow you to engage in meaningful dialogue with others across economic, social, and ideological differences. Please note: this workshop takes place one day after the Global LA Summit. Many of the discussions held at the summit will inform the work done during this training. Separate registration is required, and lunch will be provided.
This training takes participants through the science behind why we experience difficult conversations as humans, and how we can turn conflicts into productive and positive conversations.
Workshop participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the social and neural-biological dynamics that turn conversations into conflicts;
- Discover how one critical shift in thinking can turn a negative interaction into a creative and constructive engagement;
- Understand how our personal story can sometimes be a match that burns bridges, but also a tool to build them;
- Consider who we need to be to have the conversations we need to have;
- Learn how to look "beyond" our personal story to access more easily and effectively our innate capacity for connection, creativity, and collaboration.
Kern Beare, Founder and Facilitator, Pop the Bubble
Kern Beare is a former vice president of communications for a large technology firm in Silicon Valley, CA. After leaving the corporate world in 2005, he co-founded Global Mindshift, a non-profit offering online facilitated workshops on the essential skills we need to survive and thrive in today’s interconnected and interdependent world. Read more.